Wednesday, August 20, 2014

How to get the most powerful cards in the Game!


Two Special Cards

Today I want to tell you about two special and unique cards for Seeker’s Quest.  A long time ago, as I was first formulating my ideas for this game, an image came to my mind, one that would guide me much later in the shaping of the game’s logo.  The sword, and the book.  This iconic idea references one of the many scriptures whose essence is: The word of god (the book) is like a two edged sword (the sword - of course). As I researched the idea, I chose Doctrine and Covenants 6:2 as the final exemplar of the concept.

It reads: “Behold, I am God; give heed unto my word, which is quick and powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword, to the dividing asunder of both joints and marrow; therefore give heed unto my words.”

I’ve created two cards based on this verse, called “The First Edge of the Sword” and “The Second Edge of the Sword”.  Here they are:




They are obviously quite powerful, and both tied into the quoting mechanic.  They’re pricey to play, at a sacrifice of 3, and they’re unique, so once they’ve been played once, it can’t be played again. One of them makes it so that you can quote your own verses and play them for free, and the other makes it so that you can force your opponent to quote his own verses or discard them.  I’ve played with these verses and against them, and, trust me, they are big, bad cards.  But they don’t make a player invincible.

So, why am I bringing this up?

Well, I have some of these verses, and I want to share them, but they’re promotional verses only.  That means that they’re not included in any of the purchasable sets!  So, for a limited time, anyone that buys the Seeker’s Quest Scripture Mastery Set will get one of these promo verses, signed, sent directly from me!  The only other way to get one of them will be to get them at a demo or some other face-to-face event.

Get the game! Get the sword!



share

Mark has a lifelong testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (the Mormon Church). Mark also has other sites and blogs, including MarkHansenMusic.com and his Dutch Oven blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment