Sunday, November 4, 2007

Another Question for the Playtesters

I just realized another issue with the rules that needs clarification:  If you're playing along and you run out of verses in your deck, what do you do?

There're a couple of ideas I have right off, and I'd like your input.

  1. If you run out of verses in your deck, you lose the game.  In most other CCG's (Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon), that's the way it resolves.  This also tends to make the decks that flow lots of verses a little less powerful.
  2. If you run out of verses in your deck, you keep playing, but you can't draw.  That would mean you'd have to have some way to pull from your discard, or your only source of new verses would be your blessing stack.
  3. The only other option I can think of is that if you run out of verses, you could shuffle your discard and flip them face down into your deck and continue playing.


What do you think?  Right off the top of my head, I'm leaning toward option 2.  I don't know why, but it seems to be pretty sensible.  Still, I'll defer to the opinions of the playtesters, if there's enough clear opinion either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment