Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Testing of the Decks

Brendon and I just barely finished playing the two new decks against each other.  Wow.  What fun, to see two planned decks go head to head.  It showed me a bunch of cool things:

  1. "Quote" isn't as powerful as I thought it would be.  It is cool, and it did help Brendon bring out lots of verses, but it wasn't as uber-powerful as I was afraid it would be.
  2. The two decks really were pretty evenly matched.  If he hadn't won when he did, I would have won the next turn.  And the only reason I didn't win was that I didn't have enough verses to sacrifice to throw down the final combo and pull my last blessing.
  3. After this game and some of the other games I've played, I feel like there needs to be some limits on the turns.  Brendon, in his turn, kept drawing and playing.  Then, in my turn, I kept drawing and playing.  It makes for long, drawn out turns.  I'm flirting with the idea of a rule that would say that when you close out a book, the play phase of your turn ends, and you move into the end phase.  I dunno.  I'll have to play with that.  Another idea is to make more verse effects that can be played instantly instead of only in your own turn.  That way the turns can be more interactive instead of so long.  Maybe even some verses that can end an opponent's turn.

Anyway, these are just some thoughts.  Tell me what you're thinking when you play your games!

No comments:

Post a Comment