Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Here's what's new in v8.1

OK, enough with the big story and the bla, bla, bla...

On with the nitty gritty.  In the process of making the game more fun, and playable, here's what I did with the newest version:
  1. The most immediate change is to note that the chapters are no longer "owned" by any player, nor are they "combined", "stolen", nor "included" together.  There are four chapter spaces in between all of the players, and verses are played into any of the four by any of the players.  Players are, in that sense, working together to build the chapters into books.  But, each book is still closed up by one player!
  2. When a book is closed, any player that added verses to it benefits.  The player that closes the book draws two blessings, and anyone else that added to it also draws one.
  3. This also means that each player needs a good number of blessing verses to start with.  I've tested 5-verse games and 7-verse games.  I think I prefer the five.  The games are done in about 20 minutes for two-player, 35 minutes for three.
  4. I'm working on the "backstory", or the "Setting" of the game, to help the players feel more immersed in the game.  This has been difficult, because the game is really so abstract.  You're not a wizard, or a pokemon trainer, or whatever.  I'll reveal this as I have it more fleshed out.
Thanks much for coming along for the ride.  I'm excited to see this add to the world of LDS games, and scripture mastery games.

No comments:

Post a Comment